Saturday, December 1, 2007

Put the Breast Away!!!

Okay, I know I have already done my post for the day. And I know this blog is suppose to be all about my crazy, misbehaving brothers and sister but I ran across this youtube item and just had to speak on it.
Now you, my loyal readers, know me; I am the last one to say anything negative about anyone, especially not our white folks, but damn…when I see something that seems wrong (and I mean WRONG), I gotta speak on it, right? It’s my job, right? It’s why I get paid the big bucks for all my blogging efforts, after all.
Now far be it for me to say that white folks are crazy, because I don’t think that’s true (that crazy heifer, Britney Spears not withstanding). But this cow is crazy.
I have actually read about all the pros and cons about breast feeding. I know how good it is for newborns and how it facilitates their growth, both mentally and physically, but at what point does this become child abuse?
Let me tell you an actual story about breastfeeding a child, who is too old, and how it can lead to trauma. This is a true story, no joke here. A few years back I was over to a buddy of mines house and I was talking to his female cousin. I had just met her that very day. I forget how we came to be over to his house at the same time, but it isn’t relevant to the story. Anyway, so me and the cousin get to talking (friendly banter, I wasn’t trying to holla at her or anything). She was a nice, educated woman and I was enjoying our little conversation (and trust me, I am not a talkative brother…at least not to strangers). Anyway, she had her two sons with her. One was about ten years old, the other around five. The ten year old was the quiet, introverted type, not unlike myself. But that damn five year old was all over the place. Well, in the middle of our conversation, the little five year old comes over to his mom and starts getting all fussy. Mom, like any good mother, takes the fussy child’s behavior in stride, never missing a beat in our conversation. I, myself, am trying to ignore the kid, because I hate me some bad ass chillin’. Anyway, our conversation continues and the kid is still begging from attention from his mom until she raises him up onto her lap, lifts up a section of her sweater and then out falls the breast. I’m talking plop, plop, without the fizz, fizz. It was like the Super bowl and Janet Jackson incident all over again, except this chick was no Janet Jackson and this was most definitely not a wardrobe malfunction. And I’m here to tell you that the kid latched onto that breast like a tick on a bull’s ass.
Here’s where the trauma comes in...THAT SHIT TRAUMATIZED THE HELL OUT OF ME! I didn’t know that chick from Eve. Now I know her too damn well! Have you ever tried to have a casual conversation with a grown as women while she has her, old enough to ride a big boy’s bicycle, suckling at her bosom? IT AIN’T POSSIBLE!
Anyway, I said all of that to say this. Take away the breast, mom. Take away the breast!

-One Man’s Opinion. Peace.
(Oh, and the woman in my story was black so I guess I was wrong to bring race into this post, but white people are crazy. I don’t care! LOL!)

20 comments:

Mz.Bria2U said...

Twin...I feel you. I honestly believe it's laziness. It's no different then you see a big behind child w/a pacifier. I'm sorry-when their behinds are old enough to jump out of the doggone stroller and can read the McDonald's menu...IT'S TIME TO TAKE AWAY THE TIT AND THE PACIFIER! I was so mad when I saw a kid with a pacifier. Twin our mama said, thats because parents are too lazy to deal with a crying child..instead of whooping their behinds, it's easier to keep the pacifier. whatever. They can cry if you want to ...but if it's too long, be prepared to suffer the consequences! you better recognize! i ain't going for that.
Now it was common in the biblical days to nurse up to 7yrs of age...even 10. But this is not that kind of culture. As for the black woman...she has control issues and that's to hold onto her baby. she probably had her tubes tied her or something and she knows that's her last "baby." she wasn't ready to let go. Her hubby (if she had one) is soft. No self-respecting man would be down for that.

I've nursed my kids and yeah there's a finality that came with my last kid but trust...I got over it. He was done at 16mos nursing. And he's alright. I wouldn't dare be so selfish as to handicap my kid due to my own insecurities and keep him on my tit.

Great post,twin.

mp1 said...

damn...

One Man’s Opinion said...

I love you little twin. You make me so proud. I will say this about our little Nephew, he never to the pacifier or the tit. And he's a great little kid. He hardly ever cried either. I love that little boy, even though he has taken to lying at the rite old age of two. Maybe I need to get his mom to fly him over to spend some time with you.

Mz.Bria2U said...

Oh i don't know where they get that lying from! my kid picked that up at about 5...i told both (son & daughter) tell a lie i'll beat the living dawn out of you, tell the truth-i'll have to suck it up. My daughter, the tough one, felt she'd take her chances with lying (dire consequences)--she's better now. My son, tried lying-decided he didn't like beatdowns-so he went for the truth. He's 16 now and do you know if I ask him a question he'll preface it by saying, "Now ma...remember if I tell the truth-I can't get in trouble!" Twin, they pick the most inopportune time to listen to their parents!


yeah fly baby nephew out here...I'll be at the airport with bells on! He don't want none of "Aunty Bree" I do not discriminate...I'll jack up men women kids and toddlers 2.4+ yrs

Mz.Bria2U said...

Ok..I DID NOT VIEW THIS VID, prior to first post.
"MP1's" post prodded me to take a gander.

Ok...I can see if they were in a remote village somewhere and food (milk, nutrients)were scarce and even then that would be stretching it, but to watch this big KID fold herself up on a couch to get to mama's tit is unsettling and uncomfortable. The girl was playing hide and go get it with the tit and the onset of the video. ok..i know there's a freudian term for this...I'm sure it's "Latent" something! I wouldn't be surprised if her husband, Jack Sprat was being breast fed (outside of the marital bed) too!
Mama is just as content as she wants to be.

Oh yeah, I definitely have to post this...i'm shocked and i'm not easily shockable, ok???? You know what? I'd be interested in seeing where these kids are 5-10yrs from now...if it helped/hindered them. That would be interesting.

mountii said...

I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF JANET JACKSON WHEN I SAW UR TITLE

guerreiranigeriana said...

ummmmm...yeah...weird...indeed...ewww....i couldn't imagine that...i doubt the milk still takes good after...i can't even complete the thought, its just nasty to me...i had a co-worker who was nursed til 9 years old and she turned out cool...i am not engaging in this fuckery when i have children...you nurse til two years max!!...then you are off my tits...*wondering how low the women's breast will be hanging from constantly being suckled*...

Mz.Bria2U said...

@Guerr, well in the vid she made a comment about her kids creating drawings about her boobs...stretch marks, asymmetry etc...i don't think she gives a crap about the condition of them. I'd even take a stab in the dark, and assume as soon as this 7yr old stops...she'd try to get pregnant again...so as to keep that mess up. I'd bet the farm on it.

One Man’s Opinion said...

See...You most watch the video. The video is paramount to the post. You have to see this big ass girl, lay her fat ass on the couch, stick her human size head under mom's shirt and suckle the breast. You most witness the drawing of the boobs. You most hear mom proclaim that the breast feeding will not go on forever....That they will be off the breast before they go to "college". NG said it best...Fuckery. You most hear and witness this fuckery for youself and then and only then will you be able to feel my pain...my trauma.

One Man’s Opinion said...

must...not most

Thembi Ford said...

Hm...Song of Solomon?

guerreiranigeriana said...

watched the video this time with the sound on...i'm traumatized too!!..*runs to go look for free therapy*...

Don said...

There's something that's just not right about breastfeeding a 5 year old. lol.

Rodney said...

I am on the floor, not because I'm astounded, but because we were just talking about breast-feeding on Thanksgiving.

My Aunt Viola was telling a 70 year old story about a boy named Booker T., who was pulling on his mother's breasts up to the age of nine.

There is nothing funnier than hearing her talk about how he would be in church crying, "Maw, I want my titty!"

Unknown said...

Between your hysterical post and the ensuing comments I am in tears and my stomach hurts REAL bad!
Boy, I can almost see myself sitting in front of you having this conversation and it had me in tears...I had to get up and walk to the mensroom to avoid being thought of as crazy!

Bangs and a Bun said...

Sweet Jesus - I just watched that video and I think it's scarred me for life. Put the tit down! Back away from the tit!

She's still breastfeeding her 8 years old - what kind of shit is that? The kid can walk her ass to the fridge to get some juice at that age.

Someone needs to bitch slap some sense into that woman. Though, one day her boobs will be so saggy she'll be tripping over them, then I bet she'll rue the day she ever had elementary schoolers hanging off 'em.

And she had to be British - oh how I shake my head in shame.

Jazzy said...

I was so disturbed I couldn't watch the whole video or even read the end of your post.

There is just something so wronnng about a child of that age still being breastfed.

*shuddering*

lmao@Rodney!!

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

I just threw up a little...and I just drank a full glass of milk before reading this...Im traumatized as well...please don't post anything else like this,ever, again...

Tha Keep It Real Diva said...

This is traumatizing! As a woman, I have to say in this case, especially when a woman is continuing to breast feed her children that are too damn old to be drinkin from her nip, I would wonder if she's perverted. When yo baby first starts teething, you better get a pump and put that shit in a bottle! Don't be havin no kids breast feed who are old enough to come raise yo shirt for you and get yo OWN titty out to drink from! That's just sick!

Sha Boogie said...

Ok, so I totally posted my breast comment under the wrong story..lol